About Me

My photo
Tea-drinking introvert found either behind a book or within arm's reach of one. Book reviewer, and book sniffer. You may have seen me on W24, BooksLive, Aerodrome, Bark Magazine, CultNoise Magazine, or Expound Magazine.

21 Apr 2018

Review: The Bikini Body Motivation and Habits Guide by Kayla Itsines


I am quite sure I’m not alone in thinking I need to lose weight and get fit. Living a healthy life seems challenging, time-consuming and peppered with motivation I was certainly lacking. That’s why I instantly requested a copy of Kayla Itsines’ The Bikini Body Motivation and Habits Guide when I spotted it doing the rounds on social media, and I am so pleased I did. Firstly, the book’s name alone struck home – motivation and good habits? Yes, please! But it seriously goes beyond that; this book is filled to the brim with useful, helpful and awesome content.

Starting with the shortfalls of most types of motivation (see ‘time vs results’) and how to evolve beyond simply wanting to look good (but wanting to feel good, as well as be happy and healthy), we move onto how and why to form good fitness habits, and then onto the juicy part: meal plans (with recipes) and exercises. The meals are easy, accessible and appealing (three things usually lacking in my experience of dieting) and the exercises are easy to follow. It’s a winning combination.

In addition to the content being five-star stuff, the book looks amazing. The pictures are superb, and there is a lovely use of colour, creating this peaceful yet happy vibe throughout which is as inspiring and cheering as the content itself.

Finally, there’s a tear-out workout poster and access to downloads, which makes it possible to take Itsines’ motivation and praise with you wherever you go.

All in all, this book is beautiful, useful, and carefully laid out to maximize its message. I was thoroughly impressed by the look and feel, as well as the user-friendly nature of it all. As a person who struggles with motivation, and has a habit of being a lazy cook, this is the perfect kick in the butt I needed to start my own lifelong fitness journey. I’m also happy to report that two easing-myself-in weeks later, I’ve already lost weight. Thanks, Kayla.

The Bikini Body Motivation and Habits Guide by Kayla Itsines is published by Bluebird Books, an imprint of Pan Macmillan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know!